Mario Brothers

Our boys absolutely love anything Mario Brothers.  Even the cheesy 90's Mario Brothers show is one of their favourites, much to my pleasure!!  So at every opportunity they want to dress up as Mario and Luigi (especially Roman!) play with their Mario Brothers cars and toys, on the Wii (Super Mario Brothers, Mario Galaxy & of course Mario Kart!)  Its crazy.  So of course when I asked Roman what type of birthday party he wanted he didn't hesitate in saying "Mario golf party!"  He's always loved mini golfing too, so I guess there should have been no surprises there.

Yesterday was the big day.  My baby boy is now 4!  He is growing into such a loving, arty, cheeky, happy-go-lucky, sporty, cuddly big boy, we all love him so much.  He brings so much joy to our family.  He has a sweet way that no one in our family could have and we wouldn't be the family we are without him.

It really was so fun, doing the Mario party.....there were so many things I could have done but didn't, still it turned out just fine!


Yes I made this cake! lol It's not bad for my first attempt with fondant, I might try it again!??












Yep I attempted a surprise cake by putting the #4.  It was ok, apart from the fact it rose to the top!  I now know my mistakes and if I do it again, will know what to do better. 



I just love his face of excitement!!






Although we are missing the Nau kiddos we did manage to get everyone else who came!




Thank you to everyone who came and made Roman's day special!  (Especially Zion, whose birthday is was also!!  Happy Birthday Zion!)





Oh and just to prove how Mario crazy we are, here is a few photos of our talent show act we did back in January.  I will try and get the video clip on here at some point!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Noah's Baptism

It kind of snowed.....twice

2 Months