Mount Vernon

On Presidents day we decided to go down to Virginia to visit Mount Vernon.  I couldn't think of a more fitting day to visit.  Although it was crowded it was super fun.  For those who don't know Mount Vernon was the plantation house of George Washington, the first President of the United States, and his wife, Martha Dandridge Custis Washington. The estate is situated on the banks of the Potomac River in Fairfax County, Virginia, near Alexandria, across from Prince George's County, Maryland. The Washington family had owned land in the area since the time of Washington's great-grandfather in 1674. In 1739 they embarked on an expansion of the estate that continued under George Washington, who came into possession of the estate in 1754, but did not become its sole owner until 1761. (Taken from Wikipedia, I'm not that knowledgeable! lol)

As usual I took photographs that I will be sharing with you all. So enjoy!



Noah with Washington

Roman with Washington


View of the bay! 


War reenactment!  This was so fun to watch but the guns were really loud...they scared Zara a little!  Poor girl.




Looking back now I wish I had taken more photos of us, but with family coming in May I'm sure I will get the opportunity again! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Noah's Baptism

It kind of snowed.....twice

2 Months