Noah's Baptism

It really is great to be 8!  Our handsome Noah has been looking forward to this day for over a year now.  In our church you are able to get baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints at the age of 8. We believe that Baptism is an important first step to returning back to our Heavenly Father and to be able to eventually live together forever.  (For my non LDS friends you can read more about baptism and our religion here.)  We have been planning for a few weeks some of the things he wanted and he was super excited because both his grandparents were able to visit for his special day.

He was baptized on his birthday by his daddy and the given the gift of the Holy Ghost by daddy too.  We had a small gathering, but enjoyed a yummy ice cream bar afterwards, Noah's request! :)

We are so proud of him.  Noah is growing up to be a fine young man, he's caring, loving, intelligent, humble, crazy (the good kind :), there is never a dull moment with him around, we just love this boy so much putting it into words can be hard.  Here are some picture of his day.


Noah's awesome cake made by....

...my AWESOME mum!!


Our handsome men!!




Family Photo!

Family photo with my parents (Nanna and Granddad)
Family photo with Matthias' parents (Grammie and Grandpa)


ICE CREAM BAR!!!

Had to get another photo of his cake!

So I may or may not have gone a little O.T.T but I just loved doing the tie theme!






Noah was so excited to get Lei's!  A special thank you our wonderful friends who made him a cookie lei, it was so yummy!

I had a table outside the room for people to sign a memory book and with the programs on but I forget to take a photo.  So I thought I'd share how I decorated the flower vase! (Yes more ties! They're all just ribbon tied like ties, but I thought it looked good!)

Noah with half his cake!

His towel!

This was on the display table. Left was the memory book and right was the baptism program


I was pleased with how the program turned out as I did it myself.  If you want to see it all let me know!


Noah sang the song "Choose Him Again" at his baptism and it was so lovely I had to get him to sing it again so I could record it!  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It kind of snowed.....twice

2 Months